Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
A great tool for taking notes, recording your sources, and creating citations for footnotes and bibliographies.
Hope International University - Darling Library. (2013, October). The Research Process [Infographic]. Web.
Searching the Library Databases:
Keywords can be nouns, phrases, or names of people, places, and events.
- Helps visualize the order of the search (kind of like order of operations in algebra)
- Quotation marks
- Force the search engine to search for keywords / ideas in that exact order
- Link synonyms or like concepts together; expand search
- Links key / principal ideas together; narrows search
- Excludes words from a search; narrows search
Image from Library of Prince George Community College http://pgcc.libguides.com/c.php?g=60038&p=385676